ServeFests are simple, servant-evangelism events where we share God’s love in simple, practical ways. A ServeFest could be a quick touch of God's love, such as feeding watermelon to families at a Parents' Night. It could also be a big, churchwide project, such as refurbishing a house for a lady in need.
ServeFests are effective because they are:
- high volume
- done in groups
- an open door for the Holy Spirit to draw people to Christ
- an approach families can do together
- easily picked up by new Christians
- friendly, non-pushy, and non-aggressive
- appealing to every segment of our society
- emotionally safe
- giving-centered rather than asking-centered
- a safe way for ambitious people to expend their energy
- an open door for the miraculous—if God so moves
- big fun!